The Bureau present the work plan 2008 to be agreed in General Assembly Budapest 2008.
The plan is at three levels:
A. Organization and administration:
- The Bureau will meet 3 times in 2008
- The General Assembly is planned for Dec 2008(elections due)
- The roles of officers and the criteria for membership have been clarified and strengthened and will be implemented during 2008.
B Activities managed by EYCN
- A seminar is planned for December 2008 in Strasbourg on the accreditation of The Learning of young people and youth workers in the non-formal context, with a theme an intercultural dialogue. The details will be developed with EYCN members.
- A centralized action bid for EVS program.
- Implementation of EYCN young people strategy (depends on successful application under programme 4.1)
- Finland and UK proposal for research into economic benefits of youth work linking into work reported to the partnership sectorial group and building on co-ordinated work within the countries. This will involve an application to the European Youth Foundation.
- Preparation of applications for administrative support for Network
- Website development
- Membership strategy
- Coe/Eu project cooperation meeting
C National activities working with EYCN
A number of member bodies are leading activities on behalf of the EYCN including:
- Training for Intercultural learning , Slovakia
- Study visit Greece May 2008
- Increase in number of youth exchanges (Bulgaria, Greece)
- Seminar on the economic aspects of youth work, Uk
- Training course , Finland
- Leonardo da Vinci (Greece, Finland) Training for Youth workers, Tourism and multimeasures.
- Leonardo da Vinci (Greece, Finland, Bulgaria, Great Britain) Training for youth workers
EYCN has made significant progress and will continue to do so. Draft plans are now in place for 2008, but will require proper discussions with the membership before they are made available for wider circulation.