Details of the member organisation / center
Name: Youth center Krško
Street address: Cesta krških žrtev 105
Ms Mitja Valentinc
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Telephone: +38641637661
Profile of the member organisation/center
Type of organisation: youth center
Status of organisation: governmental/public
Activity level of organisation local
Short description of organisation / center:
– established in 2001 by the Municipality of Krško
– app. 12 employees
– app. 100 volunteers
– have one cities youth center and 4 youth spots in rural area
– great infrastructure (multimedia studio, 2 conference rooms, hall, climbing wall, computers room, youth hostel,…)
– 8 local NGO-s have their premacies in our center
– informing center, multimedia center, international work, children activities, club & culture field, prevention programs,…
How the organization/center integrate the intercultural learning, human rights education and education for active citizenship in its activities?
– school programs (active citizenship lessons)
– youth democracy projects
– involved in planning local, regional youth strategy,…
– structure dialogue with politicians
– human rights workshops (through multimedia) and international projects on that topics
– involving disadvantaged youngsters into our projects
Please describe your experience in organization of international youth activities and the training of youth workers in multinational and multicultural context?
– sending, hosting org. for EVS; app 25 volunteers hosted and app. 5 sent
– group EVS projects
– youth exchanges
– youth initiatives
– democracy projects
– twinned towns,…
– we participate on trainings for youth workers abroad
What are the mechanisms you use in your organization / center in terms of ensuring the participation of young people in preparation and realization of your activities?
– informing young people on a personal level
– to support young people that they organize their ideas by themselves
– active participation of young people
Where you see the role of your organization / center in promotion and implementation of the youth policies of Council of Europe in your country, region and internationally?
– by being involved in the ENYC, in international projects
– by attend (via using web or attend meetings) dialogue about important questions in the youth field
Please describe in a few words the facilities of your organization / center (accommodation, educational facilities, training staff, specific methodologies etc.).
– youth hostel (27 beds) – great facilities (described in the first line)
– 12 fully employed staff (experienced)
– great relations with schools, municipality, other NGO-s and youth org. on local/regional/national level
– reliable partner
– learning by doing methods; group work
What are your priorities / fields of interest for cooperation with other members of the Network in the sphere of intercultural learning?
– working together and sharing experience – have the same vision in the youth field