Details of the member organisation / center
Name: Haus der offenen Tür (HoT)
Street address: Barbarossastr. 43
Telephone: +49 2642 41753
Telefax: +49 2642 994854
Ms Petra Klein
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Telephone: +49 178 8950921
Profile of the member organisation/center
Type of organisation: Youth centre
Status of organisation: non-governmental
Activity level of organisation: regional
Short description of organisation / center:
(HoT) is part of the catholic church community named “St. Peter” in Sinzig/Rhineland-Palatine. The church is a non-governmental body of public law. The HoT is an institution concerning youth work. Youth work is described in § 11 of the social law, the so called “SGB VIII”. In cooperation with the muslims and the catholic women community, with the advisory council of integration and migration and the youth migration association the social and youth workers also take part in the field of migration. Holiday programs for children and educational offers on culture and politics for young people are in the main focus. 6 professionals (3 social/ youth workers female, 2 educators/coaches 1 female and 1 male, 1media educator female, 2 volunteers (on federal law) and at the moment many volunteers work in the place. The youth workers of HoT accompany young people with fewer opportunities in the age of 14 up to 27 to find their place in society. Another target group are school drop outs and school refuseniks. The team and volunteers work through four main pillars.
1. youth work having the house as a meeting point for young people
2. Social work at school, through support of young pupils and having two social workers in the schools in the region
3. Transitions support to young people 16-35 who have social problems and supporting them in their inclusion
4. International youth work for youth intercultural work. International work is permanently installed (slogan: think/ act global and act local). 3 people (coach, casemanager, life- career guidance) working for the project “Smarts-Up”, which is financed by the Federal ministry of labour and social affairs, through the ESF, accompany young people and adults with fewer opportunities in the age of 18 up to 35 to find their place in society.
How the organization/center integrate the intercultural learning, human rights education and education for active citizenship in its activities?
The Mission statement of our centre includes the values of interculturality, human rights and participation on all levels. That also means, that all our project integrate intercultural learning, human rights education and education for active citizenship.
Please describe your experience in organization of international youth activities and the training of youth workers in multinational and multicultural context?
Since 2011 HoT has organized 18 international youth exchanges, 21 multinational trainings with more than 300 participants.
What are the mechanisms you use in your organization / center in terms of ensuring the participation of young people in preparation and realization of your activities?
– no project without the ideas and participation of the young people, always considering their age.
Where you see the role of your organization / center in promotion and implementation of the youth policies of Council of Europe in your country, region and internationally?
– to disseminate information about the work of the CoE and other relevant European institutions active in the field of youth work
– to exchange experiences and best practices concerning above all the education of youth leaders and workers in multinational context
– promoting ideas of CoE on social media, homepage and in every network that we’re part of.
Please describe in a few words the facilities of your organization / center (accommodation, educational facilities, training staff, specific methodologies etc.).
4 training rooms
1 band room
1 Internet Cafe
1 big meeting room
a basement for young people who want to open up their own business
Community work, political education, case management, media education, international youth work, entrepreneurship education
What are your priorities / fields of interest for cooperation with other members of the Network in the sphere of intercultural learning?
– youth policy and lobbying for youngsters and youth work
– trainings on democracy and the future of Europe
– European voluntary Service